Monday, August 26, 2013

Castle Mountain Resort

Trip Date: February 2013



2013 marked the first time that I rode at Castle Mountain Resort.  Castle Mountain is approximately 250km south of Calgary and is located in the southwest corner of the province, north of Waterton Lakes National Park, east of the British Columbia border, and close to the communities of the Crowsnest Pass.  There's approximately 3,500 skiable acres at this resort.  I don't know why it took me so long to get down there, but I will definitely be going back.  I met Jeff and a few of his friends there on a Friday.  I got an early start and rode until lunch time by myself.  I met up with everyone else after lunch and had an excellent time exploring the mountain.  My favorite section, by far, was The Chutes.  Here's a few photos to tide you over until next time...

Castle Mountain Resort Trail Map
Perfect morning for a drive!
Great views
Looking back up the valley towards Beaver Mines
The mountain directly across from the resort
Dead tree along Huckleberry Ridge
Jeff loving life
Haig Mountain overlooking The Chutes
About to drop into The Chutes on the day's final run
Recently I did a story for Calgary Is Awesome about Alberta's epic skiing and snowboarding titled: Skiing & Riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment